What is the cost of living crisis really costing students?
The Student Money & Wellbeing Report is the annual Blackbullion whitepaper about the impact of financial concerns on students’:
- Wellbeing (including mental health and physical health)
- University experience
- Academic attainment
Now in its third year, our 2023 research follows a survey completed by 1,000 UK university students in January 2023.
The report explores a topic that was just beginning to emerge last year and has now become the biggest challenge for today’s student population: the ‘real cost’ of the cost of living crisis.
The key findings in this free, downloadable report are grouped into seven areas:
- What is the reality of students’ finances in 2023?
- How has the cost of living crisis compromised financial support from parent(s)/guardian(s) and impacted relationships?
- How is the cost of living crisis impacting students’ health and wellbeing?
- What are students having to do to cope with the rising cost of living?
- To what extent are students working to fund their studies?
- How is the cost of living crisis impacting students’ academic attainment?
- How do students feel about their financial future?
Who is the report for?
The report aims to help university and college support staff, leadership and the higher education community as a whole to better understand:
- The very real impact that the cost of living crisis is having across the entire student experience and all areas of students’ lives, including their academic attainment
- How the picture has changed in the last 12 months, as well as over the past 3 years
- Whether those from particular backgrounds and demographics are being disproportionately impacted
Survey completed by Censuswide on behalf of Blackbullion. Censuswide abide by and employ members of the Market Research Society which is based on the ESOMAR principles and are members of The British Polling Council.