Cryptocurrency’s no buzzword. In fact, it’s the 2nd most popular way to make ‘quick cash’ among adults in the UK. When it comes to students, 1 in 4 already own some crypto, with a further 1 in 3 intending to buy.
But 72% of students feel they lack knowledge about it… And since getting involved with cryptocurrency carries financial risk, it’s essential that university and college support staff feel they understand and are equipped to have conversations with students about it.
Download this free factsheet for everything you need to know.
What is covered?
The factsheet seeks to fill any gaps in understanding and answers many of the questions we are frequently asked by university and college support staff, including:
- What is cryptocurrency?
- Why are there different names for cryptocurrency?
- How do people ‘get’ cryptocurrency?
- What are the dangers of cryptocurrency for students?
- How can staff spot cryptocurrency in a bank statement?
- What can staff suggest to make sure students who use cryptocurrency are doing so safely?